Strategic Communications Strategic Advisor Survey Executive Summary of Results
Advice from Strategic Communication Advisors in Connect survey
Biggest challenge strategic communication advisors face in Connect survey
Recording of call with Liz Guthridge discussing the survey results.
Additional posts on curating and eliminating non value-add work
- 5 ways to curate and add value
- Why A players should settle for B work,
- Leading and learning by example. In this last article, Sreejit Mohan of Bayer Healthcare talks with me about working with his team to take on a more strategic role. The interview appeared in the IABC CW July-August 2011 magazine.
About being a Strategic Advisor:
In reflecting on the survey results and their implications, think whether you’re committed to the Strategic Advisor role. As the survey results show and the write-in comments confirm, it’s not the career path for everyone.
And if you are committed to being a Strategic Advisor, ask yourself: “What actions do I want and need to take to increase the value I provide?” The answers will help you get or stay on the path to be an effective Absolute Advisor.
If professional development is on your action list, then consider either the Strategic Action Group for employees that starts in March 2012 or the Strategic Action Group for Consultants which starts in January 2012. You’ll join a small group of other committed Strategic Advisors and me for mentoring, networking and strategic thinking support. The group is a simple, reasonable way to get the time, sounding board and discussions that strategic advisors, including Absolute Advisors, say they want and need.
Meanwhile, if you have any questions about the Strategic Action Group, the survey results or anything else, please e-mail me.
• Follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/lizguthridge
• Connect with me on LinkedIn, http://www.linkedin.com/in/lizguthridge
• Comment on my blog at https://connectconsultinggroup.com/blog/
Connect the dots plus dot the “i”s to be more intentional, inquisitive and inclusive
How well are you tapping into the skills and wisdom you need to lead in a BANI world?
All the old playbooks are out-of-date. Instead, you need to reach inside yourself, tap into your wisdom, and connect the dots for yourself and others.
To start, you can use these 5 tips to embrace your humanity and become a better leader.