Moose bust trust, not build trust. Yet trust is the crucial currency for building strong working relationships with co-workers, customers and other constituents.
You may have moose on the loose at any level in your organization if:
- Bad news gets sugarcoated
- Important issues are silenced
- Smart talk—the longer, the louder and the more confusing—gets rewarded over action
- Actions and words don’t match
- Double standards are tolerated
- Company values are a joke, not a guiding light
- Lots of tip-toeing goes on around the real issues
Other related signs are … confusion about company priorities and directions … rumors fill up black holes from no communication … misunderstandings and ill will among team members and leaders.
Connect the dots plus dot the “i”s to be more intentional, inquisitive and inclusive
How well are you tapping into the skills and wisdom you need to lead in a BANI world?
All the old playbooks are out-of-date. Instead, you need to reach inside yourself, tap into your wisdom, and connect the dots for yourself and others.
To start, you can use these 5 tips to embrace your humanity and become a better leader.