Moose bust trust, not build trust. Yet trust is the crucial currency for building strong working relationships with co-workers, customers and other constituents.
You may have moose on the loose at any level in your organization if:
- Bad news gets sugarcoated
- Important issues are silenced
- Smart talk—the longer, the louder and the more confusing—gets rewarded over action
- Actions and words don’t match
- Double standards are tolerated
- Company values are a joke, not a guiding light
- Lots of tip-toeing goes on around the real issues
Other related signs are … confusion about company priorities and directions … rumors fill up black holes from no communication … misunderstandings and ill will among team members and leaders.