Stop polluting; avoid “bad asks”
by Liz Guthridge | Sep 22, 2014 | BlogAfter my last blog post on the culture clash of “experts” and “idiots”, I had some explaining to do. My referring to “Let’s do lunch” and “We want to hear from you” as “fake asks” was too harsh for some Charleston folks. To paraphrase one individual: “What if I’m...
Need your employees to see a clear connection between their job and the marketplace?Read this PRNews article, How to Improve Your 'Organizational Clarity' Grade by Being Brain-Friendly.
Got jerks at work? Learn some tips for how you can deal with competent jerks with less strain and stress in this video of Liz Guthridge speaking to the Charleston Digital Corridor. (As for incompetent jerks, please do your best to avoid them.)
Trying to overcome employees' inertia and inaction? Read this Baker blog post Learn how to encourage action among your employees.
FREE Tip Sheet!
- What 17 leadership gaps look like (and how companies can address them)
- Want to be a more nimble leader? Try stretching
- Are you a female giver who gets taken for granted? Set boundaries
- 3 reasons why you need a clear narrative about yourself
- Want to improve your communications? Follow these 3 lessons from a dog
- Want to become a better communicator? Build a “pause” habit
- Why we need to defend DEI/ESG: they’re good for people, the planet, and profits
- How to balance compassion and accountability for behavior change
- Want to live your best life? Take time to exercise, eat well, and sleep
- Why mutuality matters more than reciprocity in a human-centered world
- Why deleting this word from your vocabulary can make you a better leader
- Want to signal what’s important to you? Wear your values on your chest!
- 15 ways managers can stay in touch when 1:1 meetings don’t seem feasible
- Want to increase trust and decrease polarization? Fuse capitalism, activism, and social change
- How to get the most out of your accountability partner calls
- How to be more impressive than ChatGPT? Share your heart, soul, and quirkiness
- How shifting the way you think can make you feel better
- 3 benefits for hitting the figurative pause button more in 2023
- 7 books that will keep you thinking and nudge you into acting
- What to do when employees don’t share your same leadership style
No cost, no obligation consultation
I'm always confident that she will deliver. Also, whenever she offers up cultural advice for the company, Liz hits the mark. With Liz, I know things will be done and done the right way."
Director, Internal Communications