When a new leader comes on board, either through a promotion or an external hire, consider taking advantage of the following opportunities to work with the individual to:
- Find his or her voice in how he or she will present himself or herself, and the business.
- Develop the key themes for the first 100 days as well as the first year in office.
- Identify critical stakeholders and how to engage them on an ongoing basis.
- Define his or her communication strengths and weaknesses and decide how to play to the strengths and bolster the weaknesses.
- Determine your role as a communication professional, including the value you add, and start to build trust.
Connect the dots plus dot the “i”s to be more intentional, inquisitive and inclusive
How well are you tapping into the skills and wisdom you need to lead in a BANI world?
All the old playbooks are out-of-date. Instead, you need to reach inside yourself, tap into your wisdom, and connect the dots for yourself and others.
To start, you can use these 5 tips to embrace your humanity and become a better leader.